Our team here at Lake Travis Destinations (herein referred to as “Lake Travis Destinations”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) values your trust, and makes it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. In this Privacy Statement, we describe how we collect, use, share, or otherwise process personal information as a data controller in the course of operating our business, particularly in association with the operation of our main website (www.laketravisdestinations.com) and our other digital properties that reference this Privacy Statement, including our websites, apps, digital communications and our other products and services (collectively “Services”). We encourage you to read our Privacy Statement to learn about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Statement applies to any kind of personal information that Lake Travis Destinations processes concerning visitors to (www.laketravisdestinations.com) and individuals, customers, employees, owners, and other representatives acting on behalf of (existing, former, or potential) Business Partners (collectively “you” or “your”).
Terms we use in this Privacy Statement
Within the context of this Privacy Statement, the term “Business Partners” may refer to:
- Corporate customers using the Services,
- Online travel agencies,
- Third party service providers,
- Other business partners enable activity bookings through their websites and/or apps (or other means),
- And natural or legal persons maintaining a business relationship with Lake Travis Destinations.
“Personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a specific natural person.
What kind of personal information does Lake Travis Destinations collect?
The personal information that Lake Travis Destinations may collect in regards to you depends on the context of the business relationship, the interactions you have with us and the Services you use. The personal information Lake Travis Destinations collects and uses may include the following:
Personal information you give to us
Lake Travis Destinations may collect and use personal information you give to us, for example if you use our Services, fill out a form or when you interact with us:
- Communication information, such as contact details and content of correspondence and data exchanged with you by telephone, chat, or other means of communication;
- Geolocation information, such as city, state, province, and country.
- Contract information, such as information on our terms of agreement, and the service (to be) provided;
- Financial information, such as credit card information and any other data necessary for payment processing purposes;
- Other information necessarily processed in business relationships or voluntarily provided by you.
Personal information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our Services we may automatically collect certain information – some of which may be personal information. The information collected may include:
- Language settings;
- IP address;
- Device settings;
- Device operating system;
- Log information;
- Time of usage;
- URL requested;
- Status report;
- User agent (information about the browser version); and
- The type of data viewed.
Personal information you give to us about others
By sharing other individuals’ personal information —such as data belonging to your staff members—you confirm (i) that these individuals have been notified of the information from this Privacy statement, including how Lake Travis Destinations may collect, use, disclose and/or transfer their personal information, (ii) you have obtained any required consent from such an individual and (iii) you have the permission to provide such personal information which permits us to lawfully collect, use, and/or disclose such personal information in accordance to this Privacy Statement.
Personal information we receive from other sources
We may also receive personal information from other sources which may include:
- Data related to law enforcement and tax authority requests: law enforcement or tax authorities can contact Lake Travis Destinations with additional information about you in the event that you are affected by an investigation.
- Fraud detection and prevention, risk management and compliance: in certain instances, and as permitted by applicable law, Lake Travis Destinations may need to collect data through third party sources for fraud detection and prevention, risk management and compliance purposes.
You are not obliged or required to provide any information to us, however if you wish to enter into contracts with us or use our Services, you must also provide us with certain information, as part of your contractual obligation under the relevant contract. When using our website, the processing of technical data cannot be avoided.
Why does Lake Travis Destinations use your personal information?
Your personal information may be used or disclosed for one or more of the following purposes:
A. Contractual relationship: we use personal information for the conclusion, administration, and performance of the contractual relationships. As part of performing the contractual relationship, we process personal information for the administration of the business relationship, to provide contractual services, consulting and for customer service. Accounting, termination and enforcement of legal claims arising from contracts (i.e. debt collection, legal proceedings, etc.) are also part of the performance of the contractual relationship.
B. Customer service: we use personal information to provide you with customer service, respond to your questions and complaints and to monitor and improve our customer service.
C. Communicating with you: we may use your personal information for getting in contact with you, including by email, phone, as well as through messenger services, chats, social media, and by letter or other means, to respond to inquiries, the exercise of your rights and to contact you in case of queries. This includes all purposes in relation to which we communicate with you, whether in the context of our contractual relationship, customer service or consulting, and for training and quality assurance purposes.
D. Security, fraud detection and prevention: we may use personal information, in order to investigate, prevent, and detect fraud and other illegal acts to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business. This helps us to ensure that you can safely use our Services.
E. Market research: we may use your personal information to invite you to take part in market research. Please see the information that accompanies this kind of invitation to understand what personal information will be collected and how that data is used.
F. Improving and personalizing our website and Services: we may use personal information for analytical purposes to improve our products, services and operations, and for product development, such as retaining and evaluating information on your visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how individuals use our Services so that we can make it more intuitive.
G. Marketing and relationship management: we may use your personal information for marketing purposes and relationship management, for example to send personalized advertising for products and services. This may happen in the form of newsletters and other regular contacts through other channels for which we have contact information from you, but also as part of marketing campaigns (for example events, invitations, and surveys). You can object to such contacts at any time or refuse or withdraw consent to be contacted for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link included in each marketing communication.
H. Call monitoring: during calls with our customer service team, live listening might be carried out or calls might be recorded for quality control and training purposes. These recordings may also be used for the handling of complaints, legal claims, and fraud detection purposes. If a call is recorded, each recording is kept for a limited amount of time before being automatically deleted. This is unless we have determined that it’s necessary to keep the recording, such as fraud investigation, compliance, and legal purposes.
I. Legal and compliance: we may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with legal obligations, or to handle and resolve legal disputes. In addition, we may need to share information where required by law or strictly necessary to respond to requests from competent authorities. This includes courts and other governmental and public authorities.
To process your personal information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
As applicable for purpose A to C, Lake Travis Destinations relies on the legal basis that the processing of personal information is necessary for entering into and the performance of a contract/service. If the required information is not provided, Lake Travis Destinations cannot finalize and perform the contract/service, nor can Lake Travis Destinations provide customer service.
In view of purposes D to H, Lake Travis Destinations relies on its or a third party’s legitimate business interests, to provide and improve our products and services, communicate with you, and send you communications, including marketing communications, and prevent fraud and other illegal acts. If you wish to object to the processing set out under D to H and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For purpose I, Lake Travis Destinations also relies, where applicable, on compliance with legal obligations to which Lake Travis Destinations is subject.
Finally, where needed under applicable law, Lake Travis Destinations will obtain your consent prior to processing your personal information, including for email marketing purposes, or as otherwise required by law. You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by contacting us at email@example.com.
In some cases, other legal bases may apply, which we will communicate to you separately as necessary.
Does Lake Travis Destinatinos provide personal information to third parties or service providers?
In certain circumstances, we may provide some of your personal information to third parties or service providers:
- Service providers: we use service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and perform Services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, booking software companies, marketing services, IT providers, analytics providers, customer support services or fraud detection and prevention services.
- Payment providers and other financial institutions: to process payments between you and Lake Travis Destinations, relevant personal information is provided to payment providers and other financial institutions.
- Competent authorities: we may disclose information to competent authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud, or when we are otherwise legally obliged to do so. We may also need to disclose information to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of business partners.
- Affiliates: in order to support the use of the Lake Travis Destinations Services and administer our relationship with you or otherwise as necessary for the purposes described above, your personal information may be shared with other members of the Booking Holdings corporate group to the extent permitted by law.
The personal information that we collect from you, as described in this Privacy Statement, could be transferred to or stored in countries which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. In such cases, we will protect your data as described in this Privacy Statement.
What retention periods does Lake Travis Destinations put in place?
We’ll keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or claims) or storage is a technical requirement, for example in case of backups.
Web browser cookies may store information such as your IP address or another identifier, your browser type, and information about the content you view and interact with on our website. By storing this information, web browser cookies can remember your preferences and settings for online services and analyze how you use them.
Alongside cookies, we also use tracking technologies that are very similar. Our website, emails and mobile apps may contain small transparent image files or lines of code that record how you interact with them. These include ‘web beacons’, ‘scripts’ and ‘tracking URLs’:
- Web beacons have a lot of different names. They might also be known as web bugs, tracking bugs, tags, web tags, page tags, tracking pixels, pixel tags, 1×1 GIFs or clear GIFs. In short, these beacons are a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be delivered to your device as part of a web page request or an advertisement. They can be used to retrieve information from your device, such as your device type or operating system, your IP address, and the time of your visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser or to trigger the placement of a cookie.
- Scripts are small computer programs embedded within our web pages that give those pages a wide variety of extra functionality. Scripts make it possible for the website to function properly. For example, scripts power certain security features and enable basic interactive features on our website. Scripts can also be used for analytical or advertising purposes. For example, a script can collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit or what you search for.
- Tracking URLs are links with a unique identifier in them. These are used to track which website brought you to this website you’re using. An example would be if you click through from a social media page, search engine or one of our affiliate partners’ websites.
All these tracking technologies are referred to as ‘cookies’ here in this Cookie Statement.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used to collect information, including:
- IP address;
- Device ID;
- Viewed pages;
- Browser type;
- Browsing information;
- Operating system;
- Date and time of the visit to the website;
- Language settings;
- Device settings, operating system version and identifier;
- Whether you have responded to an advertisement
- A referring URL
- the type of data viewed.
They allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website, across devices, between websites or when you use our apps. When it comes to purpose, they are divided into three categories – functional cookies, analytical cookies and targeting cookies.
Functional cookies (also referred to as necessary cookies) are required to make our website function correctly and are used to create technologically advanced, user-friendly websites and apps that adapt automatically to your needs and preferences, so you can browse and book easily. This also includes enabling essential security and accessibility features. More specifically, these cookies:
- Enable our website and apps to work properly, so you can make reservations on the website.
- Remember your selected currency and language settings, your past searches, and other preferences to help you use our website and apps efficiently and effectively.
Analytical cookies (also referred to as performance cookies) measure and track how our website is used. We use this information to improve the website. More specifically, these cookies:
- Help us understand how visitors use our website.
- Help improve our website to make sure we’re interesting and relevant.
- Allow us to find out what works and what doesn’t on our website.
- Help us understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications.
- Teach us how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, including advertisements on third-party websites.
- Enable our business partners to learn whether or not their customers make use of any offers integrated into our or their websites.
The data we gather through these cookies can include which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, which emails you have opened and acted upon, and date and time stamp information. It also means we can use details about how you’ve interacted with the site or app, such as the number of clicks you make on a given screen, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you enter into various fields.
We also use targeting cookies to gather information about you over time, across multiple websites, applications, or other platforms. Targeting cookies help us to decide which products, services, and interest-based advertisements to show you, both on and off our website and apps. More specifically, these cookies:
- Categorize you into a certain interest profile, for instance, on the basis of the websites you visit and your click behavior.
- Display personalized and interest-based advertisements both on our website and other websites. This is called ‘retargeting’ and is based on your browsing activities, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the accommodation you’ve viewed and the prices you’ve been shown. It can also be based on your shopping habits or other online activities. Retargeting ads can be shown to you both before and after you leave our website, as their purpose is to encourage you to browse or return to our website.
If you prefer, you can adapt your browser settings to choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or to turn off all cookies. If you have activated a “Do Not Track” functionality on your device or browser, this will only affect cookies, not the remainder of Lake Travis Destinations’ information collection and disclosure practices described in this Privacy Statement.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Your continued use of our sites or services following the posting of changes will mean you acknowledge that you have been made aware of the new Privacy Statement as modified. If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes on this page, and they will be effective immediately.
This Privacy Statement was last modified on April 26th, 2023
If you have any questions or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement, or about our processing of your personal information, please contact us using the information below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Lake Travis Destinations
+1 512 416 9262